Together and Growing
To the World, Alternative Waste Technologies might be one person, but for one person we might be the world.
To inspire creativity and innovation in developing sustainable programs at the bottom of the pyramid now and for future generations.
Our Values are based on what Kenyan needs to develop and grow into a stable and powerful economy that seeks to empower its people they include
• Community Partnership and Participation: Community is the driver and sustainer of change. Community members’ wisdom, voice and leadership are absolutely necessary for success.
• Teamwork: The only way to truly affect change in Informal settlements is through a core team that is united and supportive of each other and the overall mission and vision of the organization.
• Integrity: We strive to be transparent, accountable, and responsible in all interactions with staff, program participants and partners.
• Excellence: 42+F welcomes constructive feedback, self-learning and self-improvement. We aim to deliver quality services while upholding and adhering to the utmost professional standards.
• Dignity: We work to empower people both inside and outside of the organization and uphold mutual respect as a cornerstone of the decision-making processes
• Innovation: 42+F is a learning organization that seeks to find new, creative, and better ways to respond to community challenges manage resources and develop programs. The team encourages boldness, creativity, taking risks, and trying new ideas.
Our Main Objectives
The main objective of our organization is: to improve access to quality and affordable healthcare services and alleviating poverty among children and youth. Our other objectives are to:
- Develop a sustainable, locally managed community health units run by trained community health workers (CHWs).
- Increase Uptake of HIV Prevention, Care, Treatment and Advocacy.
- Improve Utilization of healthcare services at community Clinics in the areas of operation.
- Provide nutrition support & education consistent with patient’s medical condition, nutritional status and available sources of nutrients.
- Expand opportunities for youths to obtain economic independence by promoting innovation and education around entrepreneurial and financial skills.
- Equip young people with skills and experience that prepare them to work, lead and contribute to development efforts.